Monday, May 5, 2008

Wrapping Up

After 2 years, our time together is coming to a close. I have learned so much by attending this Literacy Academy. The 1st year was my favorite-I learned new things at every meeting that I could take immediately back to my classroom. Some of my best lessons came from our "bible". The second year was more of a personal struggle for me. Asking questions and pushing myself to find the answers definitely made me grow as an educator. The discussions, even off-topic, helped me recognize both my strengths and shortcomings in the classroom. I think I am a better teacher because of it. Thanks to all of you. Melody

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have also raised a challenge for me, requiring me to provide research support for the writing strategies I find so powerful in the classroom, to give the reason behind why they should be used. You have made me a better teacher.

I will miss your clever wit and I hope, hope, hope you continue this blog. You have so much to share.

kristin said...

Hey Melody! I found it. I'll keep watching for new posts.